Business unit Components in microelectronics and microsystems technology
Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials IWM
We characterize structural, material and component properties for microelectronic and microsystems components, optimize the technology required for their production, evaluate the reliability of micro components and develop testing methods for micro-dimensioning.
Groups of business unit components in microelectronics and microsystems technology
Brochure of business unit
The brochure gives an overview on our business unit's range of services. Compactly, you learn all about our competencies and what we offer our clients.
Range of services
- Physical fault analysis for semi-conductor technologies (e.g. individual transistors, conducting path systems).
- Failure diagnostics and material evaluation of joining technologies and system integration (e.g. wire bond contacts or weld contacts).
- Analysis of material interactions with process parameters and operational conditions, process optimization.
- Process development for the detection, preparation and analysis of defects and for the identification of local internal stresses in the nanometer range.
- Evaluation of sensor and actuator strength and lifetimes in volume and surface micromechanics applications as well as wafer-bonded systems.
- Development of testing methods for silicon microsystems (e.g. pressure, acceleration, yaw rate sensors or micro jets) on the wafer or chip level.
The flyers give an overview on our business unit's main topics, competencies and range of services.