Polymer films and membrane
Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials IWM
We develop applications for the plastics processing, medical technology and biotechnology industries and optimize the surface coating, modification and joining processes for polymer films. On the basis of mechanical und morphological characterization and the relationships identified between microstructure and properties, we optimize the surface and interface properties of polymer films and develop in-line diagnostic techniques for coating and surface treatment processes.
- Development and evaluation of joining technologies for polymer films.
- Mechanical and morphological evaluation of polymer films.
- Surface modification of plastics using plasma techniques.
- Polymer film coatings.
- Development of in-line evaluation techniques for coating processes.
- Development of nano-porous membrane materials for filtration applications.